Sunday, July 21, 2013

Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes

Source:  McCormick

1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
1 c canned pumpkin
1/4 c oil
1/4 c water
3 eggs
1.5 t ground cinnamon
1 t cloves
1 t vanilla extract

Beat all ingredients together.  Spoon batter into 24 muffin cups.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

There is a cream cheese frosting recipe that goes with this, but I am not a frosting fan so I didn't make it.  It also gave me an excuse of calling these pumpkin muffins and pretending that they were healthy :)

I am still having issues with my oven, but this morning it turned on by some miracle, so I decided to take the opportunity to bake something.  I also came upon my frozen pumpkin puree in the freezer.  Last year I roasted a few pumpkins, and froze the roasted puree -- so I use that instead canned pumpkin.  And, just read last week's post re: cake mixes and puddings in dessert recipes.

This recipe could not be easier.  Just dump everything in the mixer, and scoop into the muffin cups.  Bake.  Ready.

Delicious.  Easy.  Not super unique, not super creative, but simple, easy to make and tasty.  Very light yet velvety texture.  Distinct pumpkin flavor with subtle notes of the spices.  Would be perfect addition to a Thanksgiving  breakfast, or a Fall brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment