Saturday, July 27, 2013

Ultimate Party Wings

Source:  Oceanspray Cranberry Jelly

1 12 oz bottle of chili sauce
1 can of jellied cranberry sauce
24 chicken wing drummettes

Over medium heat cook chili sauce and cranberry sauce until smooth and bubbly.

Heat oven to 375.  Place chicken drummettes on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.  Brush with 2/3 of sauce.  Bake for 15 minutes.

Turn drummettes over, brush other side with remaining sauce and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.

I finally got my new stove today, including 2(!!!) fully functioning ovens.   I was eager to try it out.  I didn't have the patience to make anything elaborate.  I wanted to make something right away.

So here is this recipe.  A riff on the chili sauce /grape jelly meatball party favorite.  And I love chicken wings.

Easy to make.

Pretty tasty.  Although if I were to make it again, I would bake the wings at a higher temperature first to get a nice crust on them.  Or at the end turn the temperature up to get some caramelization on the wings.

All in all -- good, but nothing special.


No comments:

Post a Comment