Thursday, August 29, 2013

Creamy Grilling Sauce

Source:  Hellman's Mayo

1 c mayonnaise
2 T snipped oil packed sun dried tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 t dried basil

Mix ingredients together.  Brush half the sauce onto 4 chicken breast halves, burgers or steaks.  (I used chicken breasts).  Grill or broil meat.  Serve with remaining sauce.

So you say this is not much of a recipe?  Give me a break guys, I trying to ease back into things.  I have also been getting a big box of vegetables each week from my CSA, so I constantly need ways to make chicken breasts to go with all the produce I am trying to use every day.

Obviously, this was a very easy meal to put together.  The fattiness of the mayo made the sauce melt during the grilling, keeping the chicken breast moist.  The little chunks of garlic and sundried tomatoes in the sauce caramelized nicely.  Made for a messy grill pan though.

This was a good meal.  A nice "pantry meal" -- you'd have all these ingredients in your house, and does jazz up a traditional grilled chicken breast.  I did not care for the leftover sauce put on the chicken -- that overwhelming uncooked mayo flavor was just overwhelming, so I would suggest put all the sauce on the meat during grilling, let that raw mayo flavor melt/cook off, and you'll have a delicious and easy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment