Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chicken Breast and Thyme Cream Sauce

Source:  Package of Thyme

1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 c butter
2 cloves garlic
6 T sherry
3/4 c chicken broth
1 1/4 c cream
3 T fresh thyme, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Coat chicken breasts with flour.  Melt butter in large skillet/  Saute chicken and garlic over medium heat until golden brown and cooked through.  Add sherry and chicken broth.  Cook and stir until most of the  liquid has evaporated.  Add cream and fresh thyme.  Cook and stir over low heat until sauce thickens.

Yes, another chicken recipe.  But we all need tons, b/c I think chicken is the easiest protein for a home cook to prepare.  This is an easy recipe.  I did cut my chicken breasts in half so that they would cook through faster.

I wish I could adequately describe the decadence and richness of this dish.  So delightful.  Cream, garlic, sherry, butter -- what could be better.  Just be sure to season with plenty of salt and pepper.  I served the dish with egg noodles.  Definitely serve with a side that soaks up that glorious sauce.  A real winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment